Sunday AfternoonBy Yakko Majuri
What is this website?
hopefuly will be where I host my "stream of
consciousness" blog. My more structured and education-focused
technical writing can still be found
Why is it called 'Sunday Afternoon'?
Sunday afternoons are often when I'm most contemplative, as well as when I generally have the most time to spare. They have traditionally been when I develop my best concepts for writing, so the blog name felt appropriate. The bulk of the writing for this blog will also probably happen on sunday afternoons.
If you're a recruiter for a full-time role, the one and only way of getting a hold of me is through here. I ignore all LinkedIn messages and emails from recruiters.
For all other reasons, you can reach me at:
yakko [dot] majuri [at] protonmail [dot] com
If you'd like to work with me on a consultancy / freelance basis please make that known in the subject of the email so it doesn't risk being ignored like the messages about full-time roles.
Raw pieces comprising what I'm thinking about at a given point in time. Barely edited, often written quickly in one go.
- This website is hacky AF
- Why I'm comfortable publishing foolishness
- What's the world's most efficient language?
- Can you tell me the age of my users?
- Deep diving into the thread pool: a debugging story
- Finding your true self
- Recovering a customer's events
- Be careful with Heroku Postgres
- The hiker's goal
- Hiking around Andorra in 5 days
- YC owns the product analytics space
- Why I built my own static site generator
- What's the cost?
- So many thoughts
As someone who does not have a social media presence, I'll be using this blog to display some of my favorite pictures. Currently work in progress - more albums coming soon.
Ideas for posts that I may or may not write. It feels like having them here would make me more likely to write them at some point.
- Thinking in tables
- I don't own anything
- Flexitarianism actually makes sense
- Where did my users go? Configuring ClickHouse merge trees
- What I learned from doing hundreds of product demos
- On becoming lazy
- Synchronization is hard
- Hitchhiking around all of Taiwan
- What's in my backpack?
- Growing up too fast
- Lessons for small town engineers
- Understanding your audience
- Thinking in FAANG
- What's your price?
- Crossing lines
- Don't do the thing you have a competitive advantage in
- The most difficult question I have to answer
- Is hypocrisy a real thing?
- You don't understand
- I'm no better
- Don't put me on another podcast
- Damn these values
- Making my job obsolete
- Toilet UX
- Heart attack prevention
- How free soloists die
- Why I no longer keep books
- No more audiobooks
- Debugging writeups
- A skill I admire but don't want to develop
- DD3: Disappearing persons
- I have something to add
- Why I'm choosing to write for free
Why I'm (somewhat) comfortable publishing foolish posts
Note to self (17/01/2022): you should have been striking through ideas you wrote rather than deleting them.
Subscribe to my newsletter: